- Business in SouthGrow
- Investing in SouthGrow
- Living in SouthGrow
- Member Communities
Cost of Living
The Province of Alberta is an attractive place to live. As part of the Province of Alberta, residents in the SouthGrow region enjoy:
- One of the lowest overall tax systems in Canada.
- Lowest overall personal taxes in Canada.
- No provincial retail sales tax.
- High workforce participation rate.
- Average unemployment rate is close to the national average of 7.0% (Statistics Canada).
- High worker productivity.
- Steadily increasing population with a growth rate of 3.5% from last census in 2011 (Alberta Municipal Affairs).
- Increasing incomes every year. Almost 5% between 2012 and 2013. (Alberta Regional Dashboard custom report)
- Affordable rental accommodation with average one-bedroom apartment rent of $757 per month in 2013 compared to rates in Calgary of $856 per month. (Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, 2013)
- Affordable housing with average resale prices in Lethbridge and area in January 2016 of $263,408 almost $20,000 lower than any other jurisdiction in the province. Prices in smaller rural communities can even be lower.
… Creating Opportunities through a low cost of living