- Business in SouthGrow
- Investing in SouthGrow
- Living in SouthGrow
- Member Communities
Doing Business in SouthGrow
A number of regional economic development agencies exist in the region and assist individuals and businesses. These agencies include:
- Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs). CFDCs deliver a variety of services ranging from technical and advisory services, start-up and small business loans, and community economic development planning. There are two CFDC offices in the SouthGrow Region (Taber and Lethbridge).
- Alberta Women Enterpreneurs (AWE) provides women entrepreneurs with advisory service, training, networking opportunities, business loans and referrals to complementary services.
- The Business Link is a partnership of the federal and provincial governments that provide a single, seamless gateway for business development.
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) offers financing, business loans, consulting and venture capital to businesses SME (small and medium sized enterprises).
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) is a provincial crown corporation with a private sector Board of Directors that provides farmers, agribusinesses and other small businesses loans, crop insurance and farm income disaster assistance.
- Farm Credit Corporation (FCC) is Canada's largest provider of business and financial services to farms and agribusiness.
There are a number of municipal economic development offices in the area:
- Town of Cardston Economic Development Office
- Economic Development Lethbridge
- Picture Butte Economic Development Initiative
- Coaldale Development Economic Development Committee
- Coalhurst Economic Development Committee
- Raymond Economic Development and Tourism Committee
- Town of Taber Economic Development Office
- Vulcan Business Development Society
- County of Warner Regional Economic Development Committee
In addition, there are a number of industry organizations in the region:
There are many Chamber of Commerce organizations and Business Associations in the SouthGrow Region as well:
- Cardston and District Chamber of Commerce
- Claresholm Chamber of Commerce
- Coaldale and District Chamber of Commerce
- Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce
- Milk River Business Association
- Picture Butte and District Chamber of Commerce
- Raymond and District Chamber of Commerce
- Taber and District Chamber of Commerce
- Vulcan Chamber of Commerce
- The Warner Chamber of Commerce
Other agencies/organizations that are often of interest for business and investment are:
- Alberta Agriculture & Rural Development
- Alberta Agriculture Research Institute (AARI)
- Alberta First
- Agriculture and Food Council
- Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
- Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research (AHFMR) Technology Commercialization Program
- Alberta Municipal Affair
- Alberta Research Council
- Canadian Business Services for Entreprenerus
- Food Processing Development Centre
- Alberta Innovates
- Strategis: Canada's Business and Consumer Site
- Western Economic Diversification