- Business in SouthGrow
- Investing in SouthGrow
- Living in SouthGrow
- Member Communities
Here is SouthGrows work in progress
- Economic Development Training - Capacity is continually built at the member community level through specific training in order to ensure our communities grow and prosper.
- Develop and Build Regional Partnerships - Building partnerships with stakeholders and members within the region is a critical success factor for SouthGrow. Meetings, networking opportunities and presentations are scheduled on an on-going basis to strengthen relationships and identify partnership opportunities
- Third Annual Recognition Event - In an effort to recognize success and reward the efforts made towards developing the regional economy, SouthGrow Regional Initiative will be honouring organizations/ individuals/ municipalities /businesses through the Third Annual "Celebration of Creating Opportunities …" event, which took place on January 21, 2010. View a list of all the award winners.
- Success Stories - Examples of excellence are showcased in regional success stories. Critical success factors, best practices and examples of innovation are captured through success stories that turly illustrate why SouthGrow is a best region to live in, work in, invest in and do business in.
- Re-Design Website - Our website remains a key information portal and is being re-designed to reflect our region's efforts.
- Newsletter/ Annual Report - Effective and frequent communications continues be a strength of SouthGrow Regional Initiatives. Members, industry, partners and other stakeholders stay apprised of SouthGrow's projects, news, initiatives, events and economic development efforts through the quarterly newsletter. Our Annual Report continues to summarize the progress we make year after year.
- Alternative Energy - In the spring of 2009, SAAEP partnered with the Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce and Lethbridge College to form the Green Growth Task Force. This group has been formed to increase awareness of the strengths of southern Alberta as a region for signficant renewable energy development; address the growing competitive gap with jurisdictions; provide solutions and recommendations on how Alberta can leverage the assets of this region into increased economic strength; and offset the growing political and public relations pressures related to Alberta's energy reputation.
- Innovation and Commercialization - One of SouthGrow’s priorities is to strengthen the commercialization and innovation supports available to residents, business and industry in the region. With the assistance of three economic development officers in the region, SouthGrow has embarked on a feasibility assessment of a market-focused product commercialization centre that includes technology development advisors, has a strong link to area business development centres and recognizes the existence of two post-secondary institutions as well as the location of several government research oriented agencies in the region.
- Water for Economic Development - SouthGrow Regional Initiative is investigating a shared vision for a portal of information about water for economic development amongst key players in the region.
- Productivity Improvement - SouthGrow Regional Initiative is helping business and industry in the region improve their productivity for bottom line results. In an effort to retain business and industry in our region, SouthGrow is focused on making a direct impact in organizations through productivity improvement tactics, including training, tours, network sessions and service supports.
- SouthGrowN Sustainability - SouthGrow is hosting SouthGrowN Sustainability on Thursday March 4, 2010. The one-day conference includes keynote speakers as well as concurrent sessions which showcase examples of sustainability and alternative energy initiatives which make the SouthGrow region a great place to live, invest in, visit and do business. Keynote speakers are Mike Harcourt, former premier of British Columbia, mayor of Vancouver and city councilor and Dr. John Izzo, best selling author and business visionary.
… Creating Opportunities through hard work and determination